Software to Recover Files from External Hard Drive Not Recognized
Sometimes, when you connect an external hard drive to your computer, then it is not recognized by the system and also not appears on computer screen. After facing this problem, you need to resolve external drive not recognized issues to access it on your Winnows or Mac running systems. This type of problem occurs when you connect an external drive to your computer via data capable but it does not appear on computer. When you plug in external drive, then drive connection sound appears, but the drive is not displayed. External hard drive not recognized issue can be a reason of technical fault such as external drive letter is already in use or some other factors.
Due to this problem, you are unable to access files stored on external drive. So to solve it, you can follow few simple steps mentioned below:
- Open “Disk Management” of your Windows computer
- Here you find the list of all system as well as external drives
- Choose external hard drive from the list based on size and format.
- Right click on external drive, and select “Change Drive Letter and Paths” option and press ‘Change’ button.
- From the next popup, you can select an alphabet letter and click on “OK” button to assign it to the drive.
- A warning will prompt and ask you to change external drive letter.
- Once this process is successfully completed, you can see your external drive to the computer.
By following these steps, you can probably solve this external hard drive not recognized issue and able to access your files saved on the drive. But what happens, if this external drive is not displaying in Disk Management, then you can think about how to recover files from external hard drive not recognized. In this situation, you can download and utilize File Recovery software to access and get back files from external hard drive not recognized on Windows computer easily. This app is highly recommended and has enough potential to retrieve files from not recognized external drive easily.
Some Other Factors of External Hard Drive Not Recognized:
- Malfunction issue of external hard drive
- File system corruption of external drive
- Malicious program like virus, malware infection
- Improper formatting of external disk drive
- Sudden ejection of drive from computer
Advanced Features of File Recovery Application:
- Supports to recover files from external hard drive not recognized, damaged, inaccessible, corrupted, broken, formatted and reformatted easily.
- Capability to recover files from drive that can be a video, audio track, image, document, pdf, excel, program, text file and many more. To know more about Word document recovery process, check this page: http://www.filerecoverydownload.net/word.html
- Allows you to recover files from external hard drive not recognized on the basis of their creation date, file extension, modify date and file name.
- Works with all versions of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac operating system based laptops and desktops very smoothly.
- Ability to recover deleted files from external hard drive, pen drive, memory sticks, system drive, Solid state drive, and many others.
Steps to Restore Files from External Hard Drive Not Recognized:
1: First, download and install File Recovery software on your computer. Launch it and select "Recover Drive" option to recover files.
Figure 1: Main Screen
2: Select the external drive from list of drives as shown in figure and click on next arrow to continue the recovery process.
Figure 2: Select External Disk
3: Finally, after completition of recovery process, you can use preview option to take a look of recovered files.
Figure 3: Recovered Files